Stitched Chic is the place to find modern handmade bags and accessories. Fabric sales used to be my number one niche, however, my love for bag making has evolved to a point where I have switched gears and will focus primarily on stylish handbag and accessory production. I still have LOTS of fabric that needs a new home. All remaining fabric is in my Etsy Shop, search Stitched Chic on Etsy and you will find what is currently available in my “Fabric Destash” section. All remaining fabric is ON SALE and will remain discounted until it is all sold. Take a peek and see if there is something you like! Follow us on social media to see our latest collections in the shop and new projects that are coming down the production line. Happy shopping and we hope you find something that you love!
Meet The Girl Behind The Scenes:
Hello, I’m Jennifer, and I’m the creator of Stitched Chic. I was born and raised in a small town in Maine. My story is unlike most in that I did not learn to sew as a child, and I do not come from a long line of crafters in my family. My sewing journey started when I came across a cool sewing blog. After reading a couple of posts on sewing and quilting, it caught my attention, and I thought it could be something that I would love.
I asked my husband for a sewing machine that year for Christmas. He thought I was kidding; he even got a good laugh out of it. I felt determined that this craft was something I could learn and use to create things for my kids that they could keep for years to come. I then taught myself how to sew, quilt, create garments, make home decor items and useful everyday essentials. I love the satisfaction of creating sweet things that I can give to family and friends. Once I mastered the necessary skills, I decided to take it one step further and share my products with others. That’s when Stitched Chic was born, and I decided to open my store. Sewing to me is an old-school art form, something that’s been around for ages yet it’s still so beneficial; it’s a creative outlet to be used for so many positive things. I find sewing genuinely therapeutic, and I would not trade this hobby for any other.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I’m a 30-something mom to two beautiful kids. My son, Chase, is 11 and my daughter, Camrynn, is 7. They are my inspiration and the reason why I do everything I do.
- I’m a self-taught sewist, quilter, and creator. I sew on a Bernina 770 and Juki DU 1181 industrial.
- I do not have a degree in textiles, art, design, etc. I do have a degree in business administration that I have used in several different fields.
- I am addicted to modern fabric. I am not a hoarder; I just have a huge stash. I love mixing and matching fabrics from different collections to put a modern spin on a timeless hobby.
- I’m a perfectionist, but I also tend to procrastinate.
- I love staying up late. Most of my best thinking/work happens at night. Getting up early the next morning isn’t usually pleasant though.
- I survive on coffee, Target, and Amazon Prime. (I even have a t-shirt that says so!)
- I’m scared of heights, snakes, and spiders.
- I love hitting the beach in the summer with my family. My kids are like fish and could swim all day.
- I’m happiest when spending time with my family and when I’m creating.
- My favorite foods are cheese, pasta, and chocolate, not necessarily in that order.
- I love cats and dogs, in that order.
- Pink is my favorite color, and I love all things girly and glamorous.
I hope you find my site helpful for some good ole’ retail therapy. Thank you for stopping by, and please come by often!